Thread: The 24 Hour Day
View Single Post
Unread 10 Mar 2007, 12:27   #6
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: The 24 Hour Day

I'm not sure it's surprising that if you mess your body around with uppers/downers that it will affect your sleep.

Having said that, I've rarely had any problems except where it's self-inflicted. Some people seem more sensitive to these sorts of things. I personally feel best when I wake up early, sleep in the mid-afternoon and then stay awake relatively late, but tha'ts not usually easy to achieve when working full-time. So I take stimulants instead.

I did once experiment with turning off all electrical appliances an hour before I wanted to go to sleep (as in, unpluggging everything, all lights were off, etc like you said) and I did feel a bit more relaxed but it wasn't worth the trouble. If I want a good nights sleep I (in order of preference) :
- Avoid chemical stimulants in the day
- Avoid mental / emotional stimulants for the last couple of hours of the day.
- Eat something. (A lot, if necessary - half an hour after finishing I'm usually unconscious)
- Take a light over-the-counter sleep aid.

Recently, even though I've been doing more stimulants than before I still find myself quite tired by 11/12pm - but that's after working reasonably hard (for me) for about nine to ten hours at work.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote