Thread: G to the De-tox
View Single Post
Unread 25 Jul 2008, 19:17   #2
Prover

Prover is infamous around these partsProver is infamous around these partsProver is infamous around these partsProver is infamous around these partsProver is infamous around these parts
Re: G to the De-tox

II. Other questions

Why do things seem paradoxical and dualistic?

The best hypothesis I have is an analogy with the classic male-female duality. The differences between men and women provide us with the most comprehensive profile of a paradox in history. Orthodoxy views the male as the first human being followed by the female. But however they both came to be, it was likely from the separation of One into two. I think that split is what caused an inherent dualistic quality into our nature. We see the obvious signs now with how females are more oriented toward art while males are more oriented toward science.

A good analogy is a psychological experiment that is done on children's habits when they're playing with toy cars and trucks. On average, little Susie drives them along nice and carefully, while little Joey goes speeding along and crashing. When you think about it, it's not hard to see that a lot of hashing between order and chaos is contributed to the different sexes. It's actually common sense to someone whose experienced an in-depth relationship with an opposing sex. Like Einstein said, "when the solution is simple, God is answering."

This type of sexism is a fundamental concept to understanding nature. We learn a lot from the general discrepancies we see between males and females. And a lot of our problems in the world seem to be a problem with misunderstanding that of sentimentalism, which is an underlying barrier to communication.

Why do we see these 3 essences in life converging toward one goal?

I believe I know the answer, as it relates to both art, science, and religion...the pursuit of Love/Truth/God is more important than any of our other creative/scientific/religious freedoms. Indeed, this truth sets us free. It does put a strain on things, and makes it feel like a detox is needed. It also brings connotations to postmodernist thinking, renaissance ideals, and spiritual philosophy, among lots of things. It's probably why we see a sarcastic tone when things get deviated from Truth. This makes sense because only One is completely serious in the end. Our endeavors should strive to bring our ignorance to terms with our unwavering principles (of our faith). Or else, our time is just spent joking around and having fun. The motto I go by which seems to bring success: "moderation is key," as often said.

On a related note, the humble philanthropist and big-thinker, Sir John Templeton just died recently at age 95. Or rather, I should say, he fulfilled his life at age 95.

Last edited by Prover; 28 Jan 2014 at 05:13. Reason: embarrassment and unquoted
Prover is offline   Reply With Quote