View Single Post
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 04:34   #22
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough
Re: A British and American cultural conflict

The British are more confrontational than Americans.

Americans, (most of them) are taught to turn the other cheek and avoid confrontation, or in our eyes embarrassment, at all costs.

It's merely a difference in upbringing, but I don't really understand why the British despise Americans SO much. Most Americans have a healthy respect for the British and consider them, for lack of a better word (friends doesn't quite fit here), allies.

Given my past dealings however,British are quite bland and open mouthed about what they think about a situation. For example we met a British pilot that worked for United and he was possibly the most upfront man I have ever met. He said to one guy: "Lad yer trusers are down, everyone can see your goods."

Whereas an American probably would have pulled him to the side, or made a subtle hint that his zipper was down.

I don't know why they hate us so much, it's not like we are the Germans who attacked them for 10 years in a span of 4 decades.
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote