View Single Post
Unread 3 Jan 2007, 01:59   #1
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Whatever you do, don't open your Dell PC

I'm still back home (been since 18th) so Ive been using a Dell PC, thats not my own (I build my own machines).

Tonight I opened up the cabinet, couse I wanted to connect another harddrive. Firstly, it wasnt that easy to open it. Then there was no "slot" for another harddrive, so I had to put it where an additional floppy/cd-/dvd-player should be. But becouse of the internal design of the machine, it was hard to get the harddrive in place. Thats nothing new, as most OEM pc's with small cabinets are that way. But there is the easy solution, you flip out the plastic in front and put it in that way. But oh no, Dell won't let me do that.

In the end, I backed out and did it the "hard" way, by removing the power cable to the motherboard. I finally got the harddrive in that way, other Im pretty sure it didnt like beeing jammed in that way.

Then putting the power cable back in and starting up the pc again. I enter the bios, put it to search for the harddrive. I expect it to find it rather easily, as I have put the additional harddrive jumpers in the right position.

Oh no.

I try another jumper configuration.

No way.

I notice that the pc cannot find the cd-rom too.
I take out the harddrive. I have no put the pc back to start.

Does it find the cd-rom now?
No way, it's the Dell way!

I've been around computers since I was a kid (7 years old), I've built pc's from scratch, I've helped friends, families and others.

But I can't f******** get the pc to detect the cd-rom.

F*** OFF AND DIE, MICHAEL DELL.
F*** OFF.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote