View Single Post
Unread 21 Apr 2009, 07:55   #426
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about
Re: R31 rumour thread

I donīt think spies nowadays give away much valuable information. In my oppinion, they even hardly can.
Remember the talk we had early round Wish, when I was still in Omen chans? I was serious
Placing a spy somewhere for coords is mostly not needed, mapping an ally ainīt that hard. Placing a spy in Asc for that purpose is a waste of time as 99% of Asc donīt bother hiding at all, so itīs pretty clear where they are from tick 36 on.
Spying for targets is slightly more useful, but in days of prelaunch not that important either. Itīs almost impossible to run an attack without anyone prelaunching, so the targets are usually warned in some way. Knowing landing ticks and such ainīt that important really. While itīs a nice chance to get some oog/ooc/oot def, or def by fleets that usually canīt be send, the vast majority of incs are deffed by the usual ships - so even knowing details about incomings is not decisive at all.
Spying is, to a good extend, a waste of time.
The only thing which bothers me about it is disappointment on a personal level, not the information given away.
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote