Thread: Dichotomy
View Single Post
Unread 12 Apr 2008, 13:14   #21
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Dichotomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
Are you saying that when these peple are completely better we should punish them, or only when they're a little bit better?
The simple answer to this is; It depends.
There are so many variables that its hard to say. The most probable outcome is that they are unlikely to make any sort of recovery and thus need to remain zonked out on drugs for essentially the rest of their natural lives (remember Haywire from prison break??).

However, i'm not sure that the opposite case; where someone is clearly insane and kills 15 or whatever people in really creative ways, then spends a year in prison and suddenly gets 'better' and is then released due to their unusual 'recovery' back into society. I'm not sure that's fair either, and my comment was more directed towards those with temporary insanity or quick-recovery type patients who may still have to serve time incarcerated even though they have recovered.

Having said all that, i know next to stuff all about the justice system or imprisonment in general. dda and/or yahwe or other lawyers might have more input (on second thought, sratch yahwe ) on the issue, but that's essentially my line of thinking.

Though i'm sure that what I said could lead to a revolution in imprisonment comedy if no-one has tried it before.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote