View Single Post
Unread 2 Dec 2006, 00:47   #45
The_Tyrant
Giddy little...

The_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to all
Re: I've never been a tryer

I’m going to add a bit to that post because I understand GD’s decline is actually quite a big deal. As a (relatively) new poster arriving at GD is quite daunting. People are quick to get personal, and there’s smart, informed people posting on here. It is frustrating when you click that post button and moments later a reply come mocking the grammar used or your lack of research before hand.

That said, what is rep really? Its not something you can brag about nor something with much use. The only “use” I can see is that it gives the established posters a chance to guide the tone of the board by either removing new posters (“scaring them off with neg rep”) or as a rating of what you can expect to come from the poster,

I’d say if Yahwe did give the rep, and in his opinion the direction the board should be heading is rare, quality posts then its fair enough. He has that “rep power” because he’s written posts you’ve enjoyed and the mods (could have been a vote for all I know) decided the board could benefit from a rep system.

I think too many GD posters expect to be welcomed with open arms regardless of their posts quality. Its not going to happen here.
The_Tyrant is offline   Reply With Quote