Thread: Oh dear oh dear
View Single Post
Unread 10 Jan 2010, 21:18   #41
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future
Re: Oh dear oh dear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
In fairness, even if IRC is not very fashionable nowadays, the new com unit is actually fairly decent. You can autojoin alliance channels, official channels and it even contains a basic but workable version of the perform mechanism, present in many IRC clients.

A good COM unit is the best compromise between making it easy for new players to communicate without losing the current player base.
I spent the last week or so without a computer, came on IRC using the new com unit on my phone a few times and it worked surprisingly well, so thanks! I've used mibbit before but it didn't render great on the phone, and it didn't work over GSM, only with wifi, so this is a success!

That said, I'm still totally pro a system that is very un-IRC like, while underneath being a very standard IRC system. I've written a few times but I feel like mentioning it again: a facebook chat style inteface, that runs on top of and at the same time as my viewing of PA, while underneath interfacing properly with netgamers.
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote