View Single Post
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 22:48   #13
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [George Galloway] Sky News pwned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
This is what annoys me about people who criticise George galloway.

Firstly are you saying that the majority of politicians are saints who selflessly serves their community without expectation of reward?
No, and I didn't say that. What I'm saying is that he's the worst example of an MP, especially compared to many MPs who are actually dedicated to their constituencies.

Quote:
Secondly are there any other elected politicians getting on the media and saying anything remotely like what George Galloway says, or arguing their case as well.
No, there's no-one like George Galloway. I respect his oratory skills as much as the next man, especially before the Senate committee - but that doesn't mean I have to agree with him or even like him. No, there's no-one else saying what he's saying - but given our political system and party whips, I wouldn't expect it either.

Quote:
Thirdly their consituency knew what they were getting.
So did the Germans who voted for Hitler

Come on, you're not actually being serious are you?

Quote:
Forthly, since when did people give a shit about an MPs consituency other than their own, why Furball are you suddenly an expect on Bethnal Green and Bow?
Perhaps you just haven't paid much attention to my posts. I pay a hell of a lot of attention to British politics.

Let's just get this over with anyway.

www.theyworkforyou.com is a website that monitors the activities of parliamentarians, including the aforementioned Mr Galloway.

Quote:
Has spoken in 4 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
Has received answers to 20 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to 3% – 16% (click for details) of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2005 — well below average amongst MPs.
Has attended 16% of votes in parliament — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
In fact, from what I recall, he attends the fewest debates and votes of any healthy MP in the country - fewer than Tony Blair and David Cameron, who are rather busy running the country and a major political party respectively. I've read articles by constituents of his who complain about his total lack of activity in Bethnal Green & Bow.

Quote:
George Galloway has been fairly consistent in his views, unlike many many other politicians who remain broadly silent or compliant on the topic. Foreign Office minister Kim Howells said he found "Israel's strategy hard to understand" WTF is that?
He's totally bananas too, but there we are. He's consistent - but so's Ossie Bin Laden in his whole "I hate America rah rah rah".

Quote:
So if you have nothing better to say than "George Galloway isn't the greatest guy ever so he sux lols" then please just don't bother.

Edit: also he was doing an interview, so he kind of has to talk. Calling talk rhetoric is just pointless spin, what about your rhetoric on these forums or anyone's rhetoric.
Hopefully I've demonstrated that I'm happy to back up what I'm saying. Rhetoric just happens to be the turn of phrase that I employed, please don't get offended