Thread: The BNP
View Single Post
Unread 11 Jun 2009, 14:07   #249
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of
Re: The BNP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Western armies since WWII have primarily , and rather disgracefully, been used as a tool for governments to bring about favourable changes internationally under the banner of fighting for freedom or human rights or any one of a myriad of other worthy causes. Certainly not for self-defence anyways.
In your opinion! Lets assume that the government honestly thought Iraq had weapons of mass destruction (and a good reason to think so). Would they then be justified in invading in self defence?

Do you think we'd be justified in doing something about North Korea at the moment? (assuming such an action wouldn't trigger a nuclear war - so aye, totally hypothetical). And if so why? USA has nuclear weapons too, why aren't we invading them? Probably because we're all racists

Everyone feel free to ignore everything I say/ask on this area btw - I will be the first to admit I'm clueless about this kind of thing, but need to get my post-count up. I'm on the 7th page at the moment of top forums posters

edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J
I definitely don't agree that we should support the idea that governments are free to declare war on people for reasons they can't or won't reveal to the people they're supposedly representing.
I totally disagree there... do you honestly think the people should know every inner most political secret of our country? I mean I know I live with a 24/spooks view on things, but still... must be a lot of shit going on which would horrify people.
newt is offline   Reply With Quote