Thread: The BNP
View Single Post
Unread 11 Jun 2009, 13:12   #240
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of
Re: The BNP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
Personally, I incline towards a). My general impression of the BNP is a bunch of people who're less intelligent even than normal politicians, full of populist ideas with no serious way of implementing them, outside of forcibly collapsing our economy and/or installing a police state.
Just go back to how law and order used to be in this country like 60yrs ago? Apart from the capital punishment stuff, thats more like ehmm dunno, 80? 100? years. That would be an excellent start, though the BNP do want a tiny bit more.

There are examples throughout the world of semi-gestapo type states (but to name 2, Saudi arabia and brunei) - but people still have plenty of liberties and live happy lives (less liberties than the uk atm). Difference is, over there there is 0 day-in-day-out crime. And I do mean, 0. It is sad, but at the end of the day, people need to be scared of commiting crime - then vast majority won't do it. That isn't the case here. Of course, there is a reasonably fine line between being scared to commit crime and jsut being scared in general (china).

I am all in favour of losing some of my liberties and running the 0.000001% chance risk of being unfairly incarcerated if it means crime goes down ****loads.

For example, the police know who are gang members and such in this country - but can't touch them. I like to think the BNP would just incarcerate them immediately. Maybe 1 person per mass-arrest would be unfairly treated. But 60million people would be better off. And yes, the removed fear factor of little or no crime would far outweigh the fear factor of a powerful police force.

I know people reading this are going to go "omg you want a china type system then?!?!" - all I can say to that is ... *shake head*. Or maybe it'll be "so you think the police should be able to arrest whoever they want then? and nothing can be done since the courts that would release you would also be releasing those gang members". Thats a valid point - for me it'll jsut be a case of readdressing the law system in this country. Eg with gang members, loads of circumstancial evidence should be enough to put them behind bars without the one 1000000% proof of it.

Whatever, the current liberal law system in this country is failing horrendously. It is a failure! Only the BNP seems to appreciate this while the other parties go on about "oh oh, we should erm teach young children that using knives to harm people is bad! THATS IT!!! BINGO!".

I do agree that the BNP are probably too unintelligent to work out a way of implementing their policies - but again I don't want the BNP in power <3 I want a large BNP vote to force the mainstream parties, who should be able to implement it in a just manner, to hop off the fence.

Last edited by newt; 11 Jun 2009 at 13:18.
newt is offline   Reply With Quote