Thread: The BNP
View Single Post
Unread 10 Jun 2009, 17:42   #204
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of
Re: The BNP

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go View Post
I think you will find that I did not actually say we should not have an army.

There is however a difference between a genuinely defensive army (like the one you have suggested we have) and an army which is predominantly used for offensive reasons (i.e. the one we actually have).
The human desire to conquer has been with us since forever.. why do you think its wrong?

People may join the army to defend the country. But once in the army you can't just go "WAHWAHWAH I REFUSE TO FIGHT ABROAD!!" - they do what the government, which we the people have elected, tells them to do.

Any other system where the army somehow did only what they think is ethically correct, ignoring the government, monarchy and so forth would be insane. But feel free to try and explain how such a system could be implemented, and then actually be a good thing for the country.

Until you come up with such a system, we'll keep labelling you as a moron for thinking soldiers are murderers. If anything its us the people who are the murderers for electing a shit government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T
A release from the shackles of personal rights and the use of corporal punishment for petty crime sounds pretty much exactly like the situation Gate described.
Its your blinkered views on the BNP like this which really makes your contributions to this thread pointless. Yes the BNP want a police force with more power - but to start going "THEY WANT A GESTAPO" is just pathetic.
newt is offline   Reply With Quote