View Single Post
Unread 19 Dec 2009, 19:11   #29
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold
Re: Congrats Apprime

of course there is anti asc sentiment, it wont go away until we have lost a few rounds and are obviously no longer the real threat. I think for this round it has been unjustified as we were probably not the big threat (and if we were the rest of the universe would need to hang their heads in shame given the shambles we were - good thing app won!)

reasons why we are disliked (neither list is in any particular order):
- too many past victories
- fortress galaxies - for some reason people love fence galaxies that never get incs but hate fortresses that fight off immense incomings every week.
- too many forums posters (the asc troll squad as we tend to be labeled)
- we have a reputation for being willing to do anything for victory (I dont think it is true but its the reputation)
- too many 'top players', I think this has to be less the case now that apprime probably has more top players than us, but again it is a perception thing.
- perceived to be arrogant - comes with the victories I guess, tbh a lot of pa players are as arrogant

On the other hand there are many of our good points that are ignored
- we never break our political agreements
- we don't have fixed politics until we commit ourselves, we try to be as neutral as possible until forced - either by being attacked ourselves or the unwillingness of others to fight
- that asc has changed the game in terms of how alliances are run - many (think app/p3n) are no longer just run by HCs but people can have as much input as they want
- not directly asc but many asc players have contributed a lot to the game in terms of ideas - mz, lok, formerly JBG, cochese
- willing to do things to try to break stagnation in the game - a large number of players seem to want to just gal raid all round (including me!) - may be safe but hardly innovative... other things like going for being unscannable in round 25, all xan in several rounds, going entirely for xp in one of the teens rounds (before I played so not sure) etc...
- a community that keeps running even when people are not playing they can be part of asc, still be in all the channels, still make a difference - they can still vote in munin and express opinions on what is happening if they wish.

edited for mz, right as always

Otterly an Otter.

Last edited by booji; 21 Dec 2009 at 09:26.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote