View Single Post
Unread 27 Jan 2006, 01:02   #24
Chunderbunny

Chunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Find Me A Job...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
I've considered this, unfortunately I simply cant afford to take anything less than 18k... Hell I was earning £18k when I was an untrained 18 year old who knew completely **** all.
Maybe your problems the other way? Maybe your shooting too low? Have you applied for something with a very similar salary to what you were on? A lot of employees might think, when they see a large paycut 'this guys just using us as a stepping stone until he can find something nicer', or will question why your cutting back responsibilities so much, or think that your gonna start pushing for pay rises sooner.... Just a stab in the dark....

When I was a student, before I started interning, I found it real difficult to get a job in a shop/bar etc. As soon as I cut out that I was in university, and my previous work experience (Job Centre lackey, Tech Support help desk), I got offers for shop jobs/bars and the like no problem. Wouldn't touch me with a barge pole otherwise.

Just a thought to consider
Chunderbunny is offline   Reply With Quote