Thread: Chick Flicks
View Single Post
Unread 11 Jul 2006, 14:15   #16
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Chick Flicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
Well I think that if you are just classing chick flicks as films you don't like that's fine, but not really helpful.
Well, I'm pretty much using the saem definition if that helps.

Just as most guys seem to have a remarkable ability to accept the most brain-dead action ever girls seem to swallow the most over-sentimental feeling-crap ever. Both genres are equally shallow, we just seem to accept different trash when we want to turn our brains off. Interestingly, we find the same pattern when it comes to both comics and regular literature (see guys reading action-books and the majority of books published in the fantasy-genre and girls reading 'horrible shallow books')

I thus classify a chick-flick as something close to "an emotional film, so shallow you have to actively turn your brain off in order to not scream at it".