View Single Post
Unread 6 Mar 2010, 10:03   #1
John-117

John-117 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Producers of Planetarion please read, GREAT ideas.

Hi all.
Well this is my first time playing planetarion again since 2002. I played afew rounds then and loved it. Then a couple of years later tryed again but you had to pay to sign up. Now its semi free again im back. BUT i have to say not really much has changed and i had a few ideas to make it a bit more "interactive" for players. I understand this would take a bit of work posibly more servers or upgrades etc too. Any way here goes.

I have played other online games before and there fun (not as complex as planetarion) but they are more interactive which make the player feel more like he is "in" the universe instead of just playing an online game.

1st step- When you sign up and get your planet and make a name etc i think it would be a nice touch to be able to "design" your own planet. Sorta like a flash thing with a few different choices like colour, type of surface just basic stuff and have a small pic somewhere on each persons homepage. Also on planet scan if you had a high enough research you could actually "see" the other players planet. You could even go as far as different surfaces/atmospheres could have different abilitys like your race or government choices do.

Then the second would be a small animated pic of each race just something small like an avatar would sufice just to brighten it up and make it more lively so to speak.

Another good one which would take a bit of work but look super awesome is a small picture (again something small like an avatar size) for each different ship and construction. An example would be instead of clicking "light factory" you would click a small picture of the factory (obviously the name underneath) and every ship would look different...

Any way there my ideas that i think would bring the game up to todays online standards.
Dont get me wrong i love Planetarion and will keep playing but it would be a + to "see" what i was building etc.

Thanks for you time guys and by all means give it a thought!!!
John-117 is offline   Reply With Quote