Thread: New PC
View Single Post
Unread 19 Jan 2008, 15:37   #56
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: New PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt25man
I have a 3.4GHz P4 which doubles as a space heater, but when I switched to the 20" Widescreen monitor last month I noticed that my 256 MB Video Card now gives me horrible framerates while I'm in the 1680x1050 resolution, so I guess I'll have to go and upgrade the video card next...
The RAM on the video card is utterly immaterial. I could get you a ~7 year old graphics card core that had 256 megs of RAM stuck on it, or I could show you a lowend modern one which would go an order of magnitude faster (or better).

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
My 7600GT looks long in the tooth compared to todays top spec cards, but I bought it intentionally instead of an 8800GT because I knew I would get more bang for my buck, and this was back in January 2007 long before the 9 series was even a prototype.
The 8800GT wasn't out until October 29th 2007, and is generally regarded as possibly the best value for money card since the time of the Geforce 4200 Ti/Radeon 9800 Pro.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote