View Single Post
Unread 27 Dec 2006, 19:06   #39
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: the power of music!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Another point is that lyrics are generally only able to express the sort of emotions which can be described in language, whereas instrumental music can (at its best) go beyond this and induce feelings which there arent really any words for.
Again, not all lyrics are purely descriptive. They can leave a lot to the imagination just as instrumental stuff can. From the very same song (everybody's changing) the second(?) verse starts off with

you're gone from here, soon you will dissapear,
fading into beautiful nights

4 words, the meaning of which you can decipher/bastardise as much as you like, but i think they are nothing short of tremendous. You can't literally fade into a beautiful night, and it doesnt make much sense in any real world, but it still means an awful lot to me to hear them, because it tries to touch an intangible feeling that you cant explain properly.

small edit : it may be 'fading into beautiful light', but the meaning remains as abstract and open to interpretation. though i guess this gives credence to the 'it needs to be sung well/be brilliant musically' argument, otherwise we'd all go about in bars with poetry being read over the pa system

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in

Last edited by Deffeh; 27 Dec 2006 at 19:13.
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote