View Single Post
Unread 27 Dec 2006, 18:07   #36
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: the power of music!

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
i think it only really cheapens the emotional experience because it highlights that your interpretation of the song's "essence" is (normally) wrong. it's hard to tell yourself that a particular song is about a feeling of abandonment in contemporary society if the guy is singing an ode to his dead grandmother or whatever.
if a song were written by and about someone who lost their job because their local employment hub had outsourced then i imagine someone else who had lost their job via similar circumstances (or identical) listening to the song would feel a stronger "emotional" connection to it.
I don't think the most emotionally powerful music is about specific experiences. It's more about the sheer emotions involved themselves, despair, joy, hope, not despair about something or joy because of something.