Thread: Re: Israel
View Single Post
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 22:47   #24
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Israel

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
This country seems intractable and my country seems unwilling to do what's necessary to ease the tensions. I think the solution is for Europe to become openly hostile with their relationship with Israel. Not just diplomatic wussy bullshit sanctions and discussions about having discussions etc, but tough talk and maybe some military implied threats. I am always against war, but sometimes I think it's the only way Americans respond to anything. Seriously it would be a wake up call to Americans if they were forced to choose between London, Paris, Berlin and Tel Aviv/Jerusalem (or whatever their capital is).
I don't think Europe has much tough talk or implied military threats left in them (see Iran). All they have left are a few carrots but frankly those are a dime a dozen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
For what? The capture of one soldier?
Well turn that question around: what Israeli reaction were the Palestinians expecting when they captured an Israeli soldier? Hint

The Israelis don't negotiate for the release of their capture soldiers and they will mount rescue operations. The Palestinians know this perfectly well.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote