View Single Post
Unread 1 Feb 2011, 18:46   #184
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold
Re: rd 40 predictions... go go go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Additionally, from past experiences with and in Rock we can determine what kind of alliance they are. Looking at their HCs and a few of their members (though Ascendancy intel seems to be sorely lacking on that last bit, which is another indicator), I see no breaks with the past, nor a sudden influx of experienced top tier players.

So the only way they can be a top tier alliance now is if, as Assassin said, they have always been one. What exactly demonstrates this is indeed the case? Did they have any top 3 finishes? Get any impressive military achievements? Do they have some commonly recognized political masterminds? A reputation for devious strategies? I am pretty sure the answer to all these questions is in the negative, but feel free to convince me otherwise.
As much as Rock has a low-tier reputation in PA, they have won multiple rounds in the larger PA-clones. From the people i have seen popping in and out this round i'd say they have had quite some of the top-tier players from those games this round.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote