View Single Post
Unread 1 Feb 2011, 15:42   #178
Light
You've Seen The Light

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute
Re: rd 40 predictions... go go go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I fundamentally disagree with lumping ROCK into the same category as CT. They could almost not be more different, quite frankly.
In the past maybe.

Quote:
For starters, ROCK has absolutely never been a contender for #1. In 38 or 39 rounds, they've never even come close to being in the race. Even this round, regardless of whether we take the current political situation into accound, I would probably not list them in my top 3 (though it's a close call).
This round, they was certainly a contender for #1; From what ive seen, they're easily as strong as ND or CT. I get the feeling, you're just looking at the numbers and havent actually seen whats happend this round? Rocks attacks have been pretty strong and organised, certainly on par with ND/CT if not better as they bother to send/recall/send

Quote:
On the other hand, CT has won several rounds (long ago, admittedly), have stated they were going for #1 this round and are indeed currently ranked #1, with a very comfortable value advantage. They have also made regular appearances in the top 3.
The past has no bearing on weither Rock has just done a completly shit political move which we've come to expect from CT. I also had a discussion with Assassin yesturday and he was adamant that Rock has been a top-tiered alliance for the majority of its existance even though its never won a round.

Quote:
You are also overestimating the impact either ROCK or ODDR will have in any protracted war, unless either of them recruited half of Ascendancy while I wasn't looking. But they didn't, because (god knows why) they are in fact part of ND.
You're underestimating the impact that Rock will have as you seem to be basing your opinion on the past and not on what they've been doing this round. Take last nights gangbang on ND.. who launched the most fleets on ND? Rock, by far. Who launched the most fleets on CT? think it was Rock again (but not sure, it was close if it wasnt Rock).

Quote:
It's still CT's round to lose. Maybe we could all refrain from running around hailing forth the apocalypse, that'd be great.
How is it? Theres 3 (4 if you include xVx who has been joining in on the attacks, although i think thats more of going for easy roids on a streched alliance rather than blocking) alliances vs ND/CT with Apprime having much higher quality.

Its the same as when a block formed to fight Asc, then failed too quickly. Yeah, CT was in the lead but it doesnt mean they're favourites or its there round to lose.. As Asc was closing in fast. The only difference this round, is the favourite alliance has a block helping them close in even faster and as you said earlier.. that block is unlikely to end as rock is so 'loyal'.

At the end of the day, Rock has gone for fighting for #1 to nap'ing for #2 (or #3 depending on ODDR's roidracing abilitys) when its not even half way through the round and they had a viable option for #1. It wouldnt be a bad political move, if they had a plan to take down Apprime or any plan on what to do after ND/CT are dead. However, once ND/CT are dead, there's no way they stop Apprime. Rock didnt just go neutral, they went switched sides and went to war with ND/CT, If they were neutral.. ND/CT would at least have a chance against Apprime/ODDR.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Last edited by Light; 1 Feb 2011 at 16:15.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote