View Single Post
Unread 14 Feb 2007, 14:06   #26
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: I'm thinking about becoming vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
By wishing they were instead raising their calves?

There aren't (afaik) any wild dairy cows in existence, we've domesticated the beasts. I'm curious how people against the exploitation of animals juxtapose 'non interference' with animals with the existence of animals who have an intimate relationship with man. IIRC dairy cows are basically food machines and produce 'more' than their calfs would ever need - this is probably a result of constant selective breeding. If they only produced enough for their calfs it would be impossible for farmers to rear new cows and produce milk for sale. Basically from what i know cows produce an excess of milk that is re-absorbed (with some discomfort) if not used by man or calves.