View Single Post
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 03:01   #41
Obfuscator
Antediluvian

Obfuscator is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Cicada
going into r8 though, yoiu'd have to say the alliance most likely to suceed would be Adelante. They had a big, famous and strong memberbase, hc and officers with bags of experience and good political relations. And look what happened to them...

i'm not disregarding your comment, but i don't honestly think any alliance that has never functioned in an active war, as that alliance, with those commanders, officers and members could make any valid claim of being the best...
Could be me, but I certainly didn't think Adelante were the best alliance going into r8.

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
And I as I stated, they certainly wouldnt have the best claim. The top allainces in a round are generallly the allainces in the winning block. Very rarely do the same people win two rounds in a row. Rank has little to do with who the best allaicnes are, especially after you get past the top one or two.
Look at the Fury/Legion/Xanadu Era. In those rounds at least one of those allainces was always poorly ranked at the end of the round, yet those were always the top 3 allainces going into any round.
Why do you suppose, Germania, that someone different wins each round? Could be perhaps, that the other alliances decide to band together to make sure that they DON'T win 2 rounds in a row? Why do you suppose they would do this if they didn't view the incumbent winner as the better? Afterall, if they honestly thought they or someone else was better than the incumbent, they wouldn't form blocks to fight them, would they?

I know this is a vastly oversimplified view, but the bottom line is that the best CLAIM to being the best before a round even starts is generally going to default to the team that won the last round. If you don't get this, I don't think I can possibly explain it to you.
Reduco ad Honore [RaH] r8
Obfuscator is offline   Reply With Quote