View Single Post
Unread 1 Sep 2007, 13:30   #30
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
Re: http://www.planetarion.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReaper
I have to agree. I can understand that ads are compulsory, but maybe you should try and reach a compromise to make sure the ads displayed are effectively without annoying people too much.

Quite a few other forums have the horizontal advert displayed after the first post in each thread due to the way people read the forums. Your eyes are most likely going to ignore anything in typical advert areas (top/sides/bottom), but if you're reading through a thread and it appears after the first post then you'll probably catch a glimpse of it before reading the second post in a thread.

In 1024x768 the logo and advert bar takes up half the screen, in 1280x1024 it takes up about a third. Removing the top logo and rearranging the welcome message could push up the forum content.
I understand your point - but this is jolt wide, we have no say in how jolt decides to operate its ads system, we just have to comply with it. As I said before I think our particualr design makes the ads "fit" with the page better than the other jolt sites.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote