Thread: The Environment
View Single Post
Unread 1 Feb 2007, 09:51   #71
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: The Environment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
From my personal point of view it doesnt matter whether I'm informed on the subject - its not like I'm in charge of setting policy. I do feel I have something of an intellectual duty to know a bit about it, but the amount of politically-charged bullshit that seems to be associated makes it not worth my effort. If there was actually a reasonable body of fairly uncontroversial theory which had been established beyond reasonable doubt then I'd probably read it (assuming it was short), but that doesnt seem to be the case. The earth sciences are unfathomably dull compared to things like physics and maths though
It's probably not excessively difficult to find, I suppose you could ask a few people here for ideas on where to start. Hell, walk into a book shop and just start browsing until you find something that looks reasonably well thought-out and start reading from there. There's a wealth of information on this internet thing apparently, perhaps you could utilise some of that?

Quote:
Women will keep getting raped under an oppressive system of instutional patriarchy
Quote:
Feminist international relations theory itself comes in several versions. There is feminist empiricism, feminist standpoint theory and feminist postmodernism. Feminist empiricism is epistemologically conservative, though not politically conservative. Its adherents assert that an unconscious masculine bias has influenced the choice of, and answers to, questions in academic disciplines, but that the presence of female scholars can correct "androcentric" distortion; objectivity is difficult, but it is possible. Feminist standpoint theorists and feminist postmodernists criticize feminist empiricists for failing to realize how much mainstream (or "malestream") thinking incorporates "masculinist" assumptions. The standpoint theorists argue that the entire enterprise of international relations theory, like other disciplines, has to be rethought from the standpoint of women. The postmodernists qualify this by arguing that there is no single standpoint of women, accusing the standpoint theorists of the great heresy of essentialism, that is, of mistaking their own white middle-class feminine concepts and values for those of women in general. In short, the standpoint theorists accuse the empiricists of thinking like men, and the postmodernists accuse standpoint theorists of thinking like affluent white women.
PS it's affect in your post I believe