Thread: The Environment
View Single Post
Unread 1 Feb 2007, 09:45   #69
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: The Environment

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Ignoring environmentalist issues actually poses real risks to you personally, living in a first world economy that is.
From my personal point of view it doesnt matter whether I'm informed on the subject - its not like my actions will significantly effect the envioroment in the grand scheme of things. I do feel I have something of an intellectual duty to know a bit about it, but the amount of politically-charged bullshit that seems to be associated makes it not worth my effort. If there was actually a reasonable body of fairly uncontroversial theory which had been established beyond reasonable doubt then I'd probably read it (assuming it was short), but that doesnt seem to be the case. The earth sciences are unfathomably dull compared to things like physics and maths though .

Quote:
I'd hesitate before comparing it to academic feminism. I mean, what's the worst that can happen there? You get nagged to death?
Women will keep getting raped under an oppressive system of instutional patriarchy

edit: I used to get affect/effect right every time just by instinct, but last week I read a definition of what they actually meant and now I'm actually consciously thinking about it and end up making mistakes. I am like the tap-dancing centipede :(

Last edited by Nodrog; 1 Feb 2007 at 09:53.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote