View Single Post
Unread 10 Feb 2009, 23:59   #19
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: A Working Class Hero Once Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Meat View Post
But if you DO have a job, how does the cost of living compare when looking at fruit picking wages in the US and in Mexico?

But I'm not looking at whether or not it's easier to find a job in the US picking fruit than it is in Mexico. I'm looking at whether the quality of life for a Mexican fruit picker picking fruit in in Mexico is better than a Mexican fruit picker picking fruit in the US.
the people who make the journey aren't buying like for like.

they are buying what the US sells.

They buy the idea that they can achieve more. the fact that they can't is irrelevant to them.

America sows dreams and reaps a harvest of that hope.

Is it bad? is it good? evil? inspirational? purely self interested? Does it matter?

It is what it is. The system that is the US deliberately adopts policies which encourage them to come. Then the citizens of that system bitch about the effects of that same system.

The two facts; the american dream and migration of unpermitted workers are fundamentally intertwined. All you have to remember is that like most complicated truths it is not a two sided argument; it is four sided. 1) the migrants harm local jobs, 2) the migrant workers help local economy, 3) the US exploits innocents, 4) the US gives them hope.

Tacitus will be 1) and 4). Personally I am all 4.