View Single Post
Unread 10 Feb 2009, 07:50   #17
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: A Working Class Hero Once Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Meat View Post
What about relative cost of living?
What about it?

I don't know how much Mexicans spend to live in the US and I don't know how much they earn; but I do know that in 2007 they sent 24 billion dollars to Mexico in the form of remittances to support their families back home (and that's just counting the money that flowed through banks and wire services and thus could be counted). Please note: that 24 billion dollars came out of the difference between what they earned here and what it cost them to live here (i.e., net income). Given that not every Mexican sends all their income home, the total net income of all Mexican workers in the US is undoubtedly much higher.

Mexico suffers from high unemployment and, especially, underemployment. There just aren't tens of billions of dollars' worth of jobs lying around to keep those workers at home.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote