View Single Post
Unread 18 Nov 2006, 12:02   #25
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Studing in the UK, do`s and don`ts.

This "anti London" sentimentality is very similar to the "Scotland vs England" argument.

People in England don't mind the Scottish, in fact a lot of us regard them as our slightly less intelligent sibling. If there's a competitive event on (for example, an international game of football), then we'll happily support Scotland as they're "kin" to us. However, the Scottish harbour a deep resentment to the English for some reason (I can only think jealousy!) and - as most UKers know - actively support whichever team is playing AGAINST England. It's really rather sad.

The "London vs other major cities" is the same. Londoners don't mind other cities or the people that live there. They just know that they're a little bit inferior! The other city-goers seem to harbour (as with the Scottish/English situation) a deep resentment to Londoners and everything our great nation's capital stands for.

I was the same when I lived in Exeter - I thought of London as a dirty, bustling, crimeridden hellhole. Now I love the place and can't wait to move back.