View Single Post
Unread 3 Oct 2006, 22:59   #49
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Another School Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
More guns = more gunmen.
Im not sure how thats meant to counter my point, but yeah so? you're still able to defend yourself without having to rely on the police.

Quote:
I doubt the threat of being killed by someone else is too worrying for them.
Why would i care whats worrying to them??!?!? All i want to do is kill them before they kill me.

Quote:
Firstly, see above.
Sorry i don't understand
Quote:
It depends on what you mean by legitimate. If you honestly thought someone was a threat, when they were not and you shot them dead, would that be legitimate?
Not sure where you're going with this but obviously no. How are the laws any different when applied to the police?

Quote:
Most shooters (afaik) have little or no regard for their own lives and already plan to die, so the chance of being shot is not going to be a deterrent.
If they didn't have an regard for their own safety i think they'd choose a police department or army base (as jbg said). If i wanted to kill as many people as possible id try the path of least resistance.

Quote:
Have you seen how many people are killed by their own weapon the own for 'personal protection'?
No i haven't. What does it have to do with the debate? If they die at their own hands so what? It was their choice to carry a weapon and their mistake that killed them, what does it have to do with you? Do you have any idea how many people are killed in diy accidents?

Quote:
Clearly A does not equal B, but increasing the number of guns around does increase the chances of a psychopath gaining access to one.
And the chance of them being stopped!

Quote:
Cars provide a service. the only role a gun has is to cause phycical damage. If they did something else then you may have an argument.
Yes because obviously providing physical damage isn't a worthwhile 'service' and the existence of guns cannot be explained in spacetime. The ability of guns to cause physical damage is pretty fundamental in their use as weapons for protection, let alone their use in hunting.

Quote:
Yeah, why not let teachers bring in whatever type of gun they want into school?
yeah you tell me, why not?!?! as long as it doesn't hinder their ability to perform their job why not allow them to bring in whatever type of gun they want?

Quote:
What about in college? Should 18 year old students be allowed to carry guns for their own protections?
Yes!

Quote:
teachers carying guns? that's smart. they might lose them, or get stolen. At least if they were locked away then there would be less chance of getting it stolen.
Or they might not. I doubt the average teacher has his car stolen at school by losing his/her keys, and i doubt theres a requirement to lock them up because every student is an obvious risk of stealing and joyriding. I can't speak for yourself, but if i found my teacher had left his gun behind i wouldn't point it to my head and pull the trigger or point it at the class and laugh as i shot them up id hand i back to him.

Quote:
What?

So in your eyes it's perfectly ok for anyone to bring any weapon they want into a school?
Does that include the kids?
If they're legally allowed to purchase them, yeah.

Quote:
milo do you propose teachers should carry guns at all times?
If its what they want, im not asking for a mandatory requirement, just the right of a teacher - at the very least in a public school - to carry self protection. As well as allowing more people concealment licenses.

Quote:
If you don't then it's pretty pointless I guess, since they won't be able to get to their guns if the shooter KNOWS they are trying to arm themselves. If you do, what do you think the odds are a student will steal the gun from the teacher? Most teachers are in pretty close contact with the students.
Im not sure i follow the former, as for the latter...you people must live in some pretty degenerate places. What exactly is going to happen with guns and teacher and students in close proximity?