View Single Post
Unread 11 Dec 2005, 17:04   #40
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [FOOTBALL] FIFA World Cup 2006 Draw

Why do you say that?

Italy are always a force to be reckoned with in major tournaments.

Their defence is fantastic Neste\Cannavaro\Zambrotta(possibly the world best back).

Forward on the field they have some good players like Gattuso, Pirlo, Toni, Iaquinta etc.

I am not saying they are the best team on paper, but noone plays a 1-0 win like the Italians

My main problem with Argentina is that they lack really good players forward on the field. The back four is good with Zanetti, Ayala, Coloccini etc. but from midfield and forwards its not good enough imo.

Soring, Riquelme, Tevez are all good players but neither Crespo or Aimar are as good as they used to be so i think too much will be in the hand of ' ok`ish ' players like Riqueleme,
D` Alessandro and Tevez.

And they also really lack a holding midfield player like Emerson\Vieira etc.