Thread: Alliance limit
View Single Post
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 22:21   #12
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Alliance limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless View Post
If you don't know your game's mechanics then I really suggest you and zPeti start something from scratch where you two are fully aware how game mechanics work.
I know the full functionality of the game. I don't know how users always apply it, nor do I know all the users and exactly how THEY play the game.

How do I know how big an alliance should be to take on a galaxy a night?
I could spend hours painstakingly tracing alliance attacks over a period of weeks, and trying to average them out, or I could just ask the alliance BCs, many of whom have probably been around for a few years.

MrLobster: the second question is "how many people are capable of managing / running an alliance?"

In rounds 4/5/6, I was in quite a few small, semi active alliances. I saw lots of bad HCing - I even tried to steal an alliance and do some myself. I know that to a certain extent, players have to learn to manage alliances through experience.

If alliance limits are cut drastically, we could end up with lots of alliances at the end of the round. Or we could end up with a few extra alliances and a lot fewer players. It's a bit of a gamble! I'm only willing to take such a gamble on a free round, and perhaps when tools are improved slightly and we have better generally support - manuals improved, which Pete is organising, and possibly a few more alliance features, to support those without tools themselves.

What I do worry about is those less active players in alliances, that may be rejected from smaller alliances where activity counts.