View Single Post
Unread 18 Jun 2007, 22:36   #15
KoeN
Lucky

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future
Re: Tour de France 2007: a preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allfather
Why is bicycling so interesting?
the main reason i'm a full year looking forward to spending 3 weeks of my holidays in front of a TV, is that it's one big rolling feast in an otherwise uneventful month.
cycling is about action, joy, drama, heroism, pain, politics; it's for a reason many people call cycling a "metaphor for life".
the thing with cycling is, is that everything is clearly visable for the viewer at home. atleast for those who know what's playing, that is. watching and 'understanding' a cyclingrace, is looking at more dimensions. you can see riders bluffing or outsmarting each other, you can see alliances between teams grow, and with backgrounds in mind you can understand the 'why' of certain escapades during the stages. all in all, i wouldn't know any other sports that's more varied in all aspects than that cycling is.

my grandma just watches it for the breathtaking landscapes, though.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote