View Single Post
Unread 7 Jul 2007, 19:18   #30
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all
Re: Movie Review - Transformers

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Where did I self proclaim myself a movie buff? And what exactly is horrible about my review, seriously there's nothing in it that could be argued with by anyone with the slightest knowledge and interested in film. The scripts paper thin, the direction of the actors is poor, the acting leaves a lot to be desired, theres no 'depth', many scenes are too slow and too long, the editing jumps scenes erratically, the pace is all over the place.

The only saving grace is the action scenes and the special effects, luckly for Bay people like yourself are easierly seduced by such visuals so he will once again have a film that makes a load of money despite the fact hes a hack and couldnt make a good movie to save his life

Action movies will never be perfect masterpeices, they will always have a certain number of problems, more often than not the script and they can over come them by just being fun but when so many problems exist like they do here it is simpy too much for goo actions scenes to overcome
When I go to see a movie like the Transformers I am NOT looking for Shakespearian prose. Nor am I looking for Oliver Stone like direction. I am looking for the transforming robots to be as cool and real looking as possible. In this respect I think Bay did an excellent job. I honestly could care less about the rest. Actions films are not supposed to the kind of works of art that stand the test of time like the movie Citizen Kane.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote