View Single Post
Unread 3 Jul 2004, 21:34   #3
Methedrine
wearing cheap sunglasses

Methedrine is on a distinguished road
Re: Better forum moderation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbie
The moderators are volunteers. They do their best. Usually they are on it closely. You just were unlucky.

I think you just hit a very sensitive point, trying to convince all alliances to go target 1up. That probably triggered them to flame you, thus trying to get the thread closed. War is not only faught on the battlefield.
I have seen a lot of offtopic posting to threads, which falls under spam according to the forum rules. Anyways, it's not just because of the rules, it is that due to these offtopic postings a lot of discussions simply get drawn away from the original thread, and then after some time of offtopic spam the topic is simply forgot about.

Also, the mods are volunteers - ok. But that does mean that they have at least some time (I assume one hour) per day to take a look at "their" forum. If they don't have the time they shouldn't be a moderator.

So in the end it was more a general attempt than these flames on my thread, which I actually have no real problem with as long as things don't go insulting towards one or the other and nobody drags a thread away from its topic.
Methedrine is offline   Reply With Quote