View Single Post
Unread 27 Apr 2006, 14:28   #44
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Who versus who in the PA merry-go-round!

First things first.

It must have been one of the moderators who started the thread. If the person responsible of it would contact me on IRC, I would be glad to have a discussion over it.

Orbit? To be honest, the first time I heard of the alliance was when Lurch (Blade of Scythe HC) came for a chat with me yesterday. So let's clear that off, shall we. Flak alliances? I reckon a lot of time we're hit there are small alliances hitting our galaxies the same time we're being hit. So, most evidently, Insomnia and NewDawn are using these alliances to flak their attacks.

No, I am not denying a non-aggression pact with Angels. A lot of you know why, and the reasons aren't militaristic or political to me. The first alliances to start coordinated attacks together, were ND/Insomnia.

To get to it, the first time Omen received coordinated incomings it was ND/Insomnia on last Friday (to Saturday) night. We were normally revolving at around 40-60 incoming fleets per day, and that night it bounced up into fairly more than a hundred. The incomings were by vast majority NewDawn and Insomnia, and there was no overlapping between these alliances - in no case did an Insomnia pig a NewDawner or vice versa. The fact that they hit a lot of Omens across the universe that night made me first look into it as coordination.

Talking to Insomnia, they naturally denied it, and I said, guess future will show, as NewDawn incomings were quite common to us already (a lot of you may have heard Gate stating early round about NewDawn not going to allow a new alliance to win a round, hence setting against them. So, I figured, let the time pass and we'll see if it really was coordination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
And Omen being about the same size/average as Insomnia, a bit higher than NewDawn, they start hitting on NewDawn, using flak to help them.
Our measures were retaliative by nature, and we did not use flak - in fact, we got piggied on several occasions (I was quite wasted having a lot of members PM me for who the FK is piggying me after a long night of assigning) attacking NDers. These measures were taken to shake off ND after they've had their go at us on Friday-Sunday night, as a combined effort with Insomnia. We were forced to react on military scale after a tactical attack on our planets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
A nap is an agreement between two alliances not to target eachothers and more or less nothing more.

An alliance between two
alliances is to secure common goals and achive that.

If you claim to have a nap but are doing joint attacks with another alliance, I think that you should call it what it is.
At this point, we were moving on to be non-aggresion pacted to Angels. Reading Kargool's definitions, our foes had formed an alliance together. As a common goal to destroy Omen, and they've been on their goal for two nights now, and I see no end to it. There has not been any coordination between Omen and Angels save the few times I've PM'd to Kjeldoran or Sjor asking for certain Angels people to recall their fleets from our planets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Omen approached us to do joint attacks. We kindly declined that.
After Saturday's events, we did approach Angels to give us a hand as we were obviously facing two alliances of the top3 coordinating attacks on us. They didn't want to help, and so far there has been no agreed military coordination or cooperation between Angels and Omen. This is NOT the case with Insomnia and NewDawn, though.

Last night, we had another run of tactical attacks, this time targetted at Insomnia (for obvious reasons). We, at the same time, received hostile incomings from both Insomnia and NewDawn, additionally from certain smaller alliances that, if you look at things paranoid, may seem "flak".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxi
In old AD spirit: Lets all gang Omen, their average is leik, really heigh omg.
[/end12yearoldreasoning]
.fixed quote.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.

Last edited by Tietäjä; 27 Apr 2006 at 20:02.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote