View Single Post
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 19:59   #29
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Who Wants to Be Second Best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Some of us aren't happy with the lesser of two evils.
I am with you in this camp.

But it's the British Political system (first past the post, that isn't for you Dante, for others reading this) that means that we have to choose the lesser of two evils. Until the voting system is changed it will be the way for a long time. The only way the 3rd party lib dems can force its way into the big two is by becoming like Labour and Conservative.

Even now I doubt the lib dems actually offer a decent alternative.

To All Systems Go. I am aware it damages our liberties and freedoms etc hence this little snippet:

Quote:
Obviously this is a terrible idea.
As this forum seems to be fairly leftist, I am surprised that people appear to be triumphing the tories simply because. History is not there to just be put down in books and read at school. If History has taught me one thing, the tories are in no way a better alternative than Labour. In my eyes, the tories are basically New Labour just slightly more to the right. Now if that isn't worrying I don't know what is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
I always think it would be nice if in discussions about the Labour party the achievements were played up a little more, such as to avoid unneccessary voting for the Tories. I hate to resort to stereotype here, but it's entirely thanks to the Blair government that Britain has probably the most relaxed and progressive gay rights legislation anywhere in the world, whereas it's entirely thanks to the Tories that Section 28 existed or that equalisation of consent took as long as it did. I'm not happy with Labour's suddent shunt to the right nor their increasingly anti-liberty stance, but it's not pattern behaviour.
I completly agree. It is far to easy to slag something/someone off without looking at the good sides. This has been my point in my past few posts. Of course Labour has screwed up, but what government hasn't? There are also advantages with them being in power, yet people let these slip to the back of their mind.

Tomkat was saying in #forums a few days ago that you shouldn't really trust sites reviewing bars/clubs as people who have had a good time aren't exactly going to take a moment out of there life to tell the internet they had a good time. They will simply go back and have another good time.

Conversely if you had a bad time in a Club, say the bouncers kicked you out. You are more likely to kick and scream and tell the whole world what a shit club it is, the bouncers are heavy handed and the sound system is shit. Simply because you are bitter.

Oh Phang, you are completely right on the gay rights, it is fantastic that we are so relaxed in this country towards gay rights. I am fairly positive you wouldn't see a tory government being that liberal.