View Single Post
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 16:26   #62
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: A request to angels HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge
How can you possibly say it is not hypocritical when clearly you are happy for planets not in your alliance to planet nap with 1up, but when one of the top 1up planets does it with another alliance that it is not acceptable?

Hypocritical double standards.

For the record I dont agree with Planet Naps on anyone even if it would give me an advantage, either they are in the alliance or are not.

If my alliance of choice makes an alliance nap, then of course I will follow it as the politics of the situation make it acceptable, but I wouldnt agree to a single planet nap to benefit my own ends at the expense of my alliance.
You miss the point totally. I'll try to explain it one last time then we can agree to differ.

I believe ALL planets who take planet naps against the wishes of their alliance HC are spineless cowards and are letting down their alliance leadership. No hypocrisy so far, agreed?

If someone in MY alliance takes such a palnet nap then they're letting me down. We OK so far?

Now comes the tricky but for you to grasp. If someone in ANOTHER alliance naps my alliance then they AREN'T letting me down or betraying me - they're letting down/betraying THEIR HC.

Now for a conceptual leap which you may struggle with. Undermining the leadership of OTHER alliances is GOOD for me: hence my stance is entirely non-hypocritical as it's IN FAVOUR of my own alliance and AGAINST the interests of the competition.

Where I think you struggle is in differentaating between some abstract concept of what's right/wrong for people to do - and the FACT that ANY competent alliance HC WANTS members of opposing alliances to act in a way is NOT in that other player's OWN allaince's interests. Hence spying and hence planet naps - both of which are tactics used to strengthen your own alliance at the expense of the opposition.

If you're too dense to understand this then sorry - but no way I'm going to waste more time trying to explain what is, really, a pretty simple concept to you. By your feeble logic (lol) me saying I liked winning battles but disliked someone else winning them vs me would be hypocritical - as surely I should like both equally?