View Single Post
Unread 6 Dec 2009, 12:54   #223
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Round 34 officially over

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellonweb View Post
There is much confusion and circular argument in this thread. The reason behind this is related to the fact that (as mz said) Ascendancy and Apprime have tried to predict the actions of rational enemies. The goals of those enemies are shrouded in mystery however and seem to be continually changing, what is certain though, is that according to posters from said enemy, the goal was never a rational one, that of actually winning.

Looking at the second half of this sentence I've quoted, brings me back to the original topic. If you admit the most efficient way of achieving your goals is to hit Apprime or Ascendancy, then why did you hit Vision? While it may have provided short term success, morale boosts etc., in those same nights both Ascendancy and Apprime were allowed to grow unrestricted, the former jumping into first place and the latter quickly closing down on second place, which they have now taken. The net result? A block war that looked to still be an open and undecided competition suddenly has a victor; you may have boosted low morale in your block, but on the other side morale was boosted that was never anywhere near low. Without wanting to downplay Vision's role in their block, roiding them had zero negative effect on their block and while it may have had a positive effect on your side, the positive was much higher in the winning block.
What's the reason for hitting the weakest link in a block? Break their morale / activity. I am sure you will all agree that Vision is the alliance most likely to break under big incomings. This is just my view ofc, but the error was not hitting Vision, the error was only hitting them for 2 nights, and not keeping it up. Hitting either Ascendancy or Apprime would have been much easier with Vision out of the picture.