View Single Post
Unread 1 Nov 2009, 17:59   #31
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Dhimmitude in the UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe View Post
No. The UK does not.

The UK does 2 things.

[I know that idiots would rather life was simple but (gratuitous insult please edit out) ] proper governance is complicated.

The Uk
1) has adopted and accepts the right to freedom of expression within the law (by adopting article 10 of the ecrh by statute in the Human Rights Act 1998) - a qualified right
2) has many common law constrainsts, built up over centuries, which phohibit restrictions on freedom of expression

The UK does not accept free speech because in the legal system of England & Wales you would be mad to. Rather than making free speech a positive legal right we prohibit restrictions on feedom of speech where necessary.

[This is the same approach taken in the U. S. Constitution which prohibits the government from infringing on freedom of speech especially in the context of political debate.]

fascinating stuff. these declarations and international treaties are worthless and non binding

again, riveting, but irrelevant

As irrelevant as quoting an irrelevant document is; there is still a point you miss here. No sane person has ever argued that the right to freedom of expresion is unqualified.

selectively quoting is the last refuge of an idiot ( a bit ad hominem)

AGAIN - i am utterly fascinated but you have repeated the same utterly irrelevant point 3 times now. A friend of mine is the head of state of a very small nation, he is a friend and i like him a lot, but what laws he has are irrelevant when i think of what laws the uk should have

there are what? 192 members of the UN? if all of the 191 other members had a law and the UK was the only country that did not have that law; then when it came to thinking about whether or not the uk should have that law, the fact that 191 other countries had decided one way - would still be irrelevant.

that is your opinion. it is certainly not legal fact within the sovereign United Kingdom.

I am a supporter of freedom of expresion.

BUT

I will lose my patience. (Speaking of irrelevant)