View Single Post
Unread 13 Feb 2009, 01:51   #2
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Dhimmitude in the UK

I noticed before how the British we're willing to limit freedom of speech and freedom of expression to appease the easily offended. But today it was taken a little bit too far in my eyes, when a parliament members of a fellow EU-country, and a economic and military ally, was banned without any legitimate reason to prevent some silly Powerpoint-ish documentary that noone actually cares about from being shown.

The reason given is that he (or his movie) is a threat to the public security and public harmony. However, this is not based on Wilders his personal behaviour, nor has he ever been convicted for hate speech or anything. Seeing the movie that he wanted to show, which is legally available in the UK and actually quite factual, that cannot be the reason either. So the problem doesn't actually lie with him, but somewhere else. Most likely it was to appease the easily offended, to avoid the protests that your lovely 5th column Lord threatened with. So it seems that when British Muslims threaten to get offended when someone, who they dislike, enters the same country (!) as them, the British government pisses their pants, and use every illegitimate action they can think of to appease the to be offended Muslims.

A little while later a spokesman for the British Home Office declared that it's being done in line with their policy to prevent all forms of extremism. And this members of the Dutch parliament clearly is an extremist, judging by the claims of the British Muslim community. This all just seems a little bit weird to me, as non-offended Muslims threatening and trying to force the hand of the government to take illegitimate actions to limit someone elses freedom, simply because they hate both dialogue and freedom of speech, seems a bit more extreme to me, then allowing a by the parliament invited person to show a readily available documentary.

It's all quite sad. Not nessesarily for Wilders, nor for the nearly offended Muslims, but for the little less Great Britain. Where people seem to have lost faith in the power of, and are slowly nibbling away their freedom. To satisfy the ever so intolerant amongst them.

Last edited by Alessio; 13 Feb 2009 at 02:22.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote