View Single Post
Unread 8 Oct 2007, 12:55   #80
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough
Re: Its things like this that make me wish i was still a student :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
As for Outlook, from a home pov its not that much use as an application as most people will just use it for email but as others have said when you couple it with an exchange server in a business its a powerful tool
I switched from Thunderbird back to Outlook for this reason. Thunderbird is a great app if all you want to do is email, but if you want extra features and the power of coupling with an exchange it's just not up to the job.

Access is what I learnt on when first approaching databases and it was great for entry level. It's easy to get to grips with quickly and learn the basic fundamentals of database management.

I agree with Wakey, Office is a great bundle of software except for Powerpoint and the fact the price is a bit steep if you're not in full time education.

These free versions of Office are ok but just aren't up to the job if you want to do something past basic home use, in my opinion.

It is great to bash Microsoft but some credit should be given where it is deserved.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote