Thread: Books
View Single Post
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 01:22   #85
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
I'm a huge fan of Tom Clancy and Ludlum. Clive Cussler is pretty good aswell.
I like the Clancy books as well and read most of them, I especially like the set of books based on the character Jack Ryan.

I've also read books by Dale Brown, Steven Coonts and other such authors. Their books are over a very similar style to Clancy,

My dad also had a set of six books called the Amtrax Wars, that I got into when I was younger and just reread last year, I dont remember the author but they followed a "gifted" brother and sister in world after a nuclear war where there are three main races, Trackers (people who sealed themselves below ground just before the war, who live in a very rigid system and very high tech,) Mutes (all the people caught above ground who as such are deformed by the radiation) and "Iron Masters" (very much based on the Japanese Samurai system, and who have banned "dark light" (electricity.))

I dont often enjoy fantasy books, but I do enjoy books by Raymond Feist, namely the Empire Trilogy.

I used to read a lot more when I was younger since we didnt have a TV and the place I was raised is a small village (Tumble in S. Wales, which is about dead centre between Llanelli, Carmarthen and Swansea.) The public transport there is utter crap so before I passed my test there isnt a lot to do "on a whim," you have to plan to catch the bus the day before.

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote