Thread: Books
View Single Post
Unread 16 Jan 2006, 21:36   #53
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Books

The scene where he ran through the city to read the book to Sam is probably the most painful thing to ever feature in a Discworld novel.

Actually, I dont know if I was imagining it, but I thought he was trying to go back to his earlier style in the last 2 books. There seems to be a lot more 'zany' off-the-cuff attempts at humour, the footnotes are back, and even old jokes are being recycled ("needs a card to prove hes human rorfl!"). Thud also seemed to have a LOT of injokes just for the sake of making injokes. I'd rank it as one of the least accessible discworld books for an outsider - not because of any major plot points, but just because of the enormous number of references to earlier books in the series. At one point I thought it read like a "tribute to discworld" finale of the series, just because of the sheer number of backwards-looking lines.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote