Thread: Angels/NewDawn
View Single Post
Unread 1 Mar 2006, 18:00   #452
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Angels/NewDawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmick
The policy worked for them r15!

They finished 2nd.
They manage to single handidly piss off most alliances in top 10.
They collapsed after everyone told them what was going to happen.

Why wouldnt they try the same tactic again?
The strategy at the time was perfectly justified. Exilition and 1up were kicking the living shit out of each other, a sustained conflict was likely (unlike 1up v ND, which wouldn't). We just picked what we thought the best strategy available, managed to beat Angels, 1up, LCH and nearly became one of the worst alliances to win planetarion. To come and have a go at ND politics which in round 15 were dictated by Grog and myself and then say they were the same in round 16 (when they aren't) is pretty much slandering the current HC. The tactic in my view is, if given the opportunity is one I'd follow again in round 15, except perhaps I'd have advocated doing it on a much larger scale. I have explained about why it made sense above.

Our 2nd placed finish was down to a terminal military failure which is so horrific you can't even contemplate. Our pathetic performance at that stage is one of the principal reasons I am not playing in ND this round, I don't want the stress. Collapse was pretty accurate, but it was more self inflicted than any effort of exilition or their allies. The internal military failure stopped with the command, the buck stopped with them, but to criticise their politics in relation to this doesn't correlate.

Pissing other alliances off is generally the aim of every alliance winning. Alliances exist to piss off their enemies. ND shouldn't expect favours - they are simply selling an opportunity to the rest of the universe. No alliance owes any other alliance anything. They do things for their own benefit, and no one asked for favours, i'm simply outlining that the gamble they offer is far superior to what mazz offers for a whole catalogue of reasons, outlined above.