View Single Post
Unread 1 Jun 2007, 12:28   #24
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Rules enforcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
This isnt about the rules, their applicability or enforcability. this is about people taking the opportunity to push their own agendas - using the pretense that bintara has somehow caused a precident when infact its a simple open and shut case.
No, really. This thread is about discussing the enforcement of the rules. At the state of issues at the moment, as was said, it seems that the better verbal talent and fast talking skills you have, the more likely you are to get away with "it". I find this unfair. Cheating is something that happens in the game, when people break the rules set by the administration. A bore run of real life allegories comes down to a scenario where the naughty person who can afford to get the best attorney to defend him (an example how the given cases went: wielklem was advicing arc, B|nTara was obviously standing for himself) beats the justice. What might further elaborate the incident, is, that my case was dealt by Fiery, and the other case by Ace - this can also come down to a discussion whether the which multihunter you are dealing with has an effect on the outcome. A lot of people may have an opinion this, and if they're interested in representing them, please do so with some words to back it up.

If the rules are too complicated to be enforced with a static level instead of the dynamic "who is your attorney, who is your judge" sceme, there may be a solid reason to start working on the rules. Especially when a player gets closed for something as meager as an ingame mail (with no warnings whatsoever), and another gets away with it (and the bottom line seems to be the one was smart with an experienced advisor and the other one was an utter idiot with no help). If it comes down the line that the outcome is decided by factors other than the actual violation, it does need to be discussed.

ps. The person who feels I don't like Assassin because he was right about my alliance (which one, and what was he right about?) could perhaps elaborate more specifically. I've spent the current round in the same alliance with Assassin, and I have no "problem" with him as person. I just found his multihunting lacking.

Last edited by Tietäjä; 1 Jun 2007 at 12:41.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote