View Single Post
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 15:45   #33
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice
Re: Remove redundant historical features and simplify game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate View Post
Get rid of M/C/E and just have roids and resources!

Back to comment on more later.
i dont think this is the right way tbh

the game doesnt need removal of loads of stuff, it needs stuff added
so instead of complaining (rightfully) that 3 ressources are not needed, as 1 would be enough, implement something for those 2 other ressources.

ofc this cant be done all of a sudden, but my point is that the new vision of PA, needs more stuff to do, not less.

Edit: yes i know the old PA is a simple game, at least everyone remember it as one, but thats 10 years ago, the customers of today want more then what was available 10 years ago. (yes loads of veterans, i am sure donīt want more, they want their r3 code PA and 100k players, but thats so not gonna happen, so imo we rather loose 100 hardcores and gain 500 newbs, then the other way round)

Pacman was an awesome game, but nowadays no one would even bother with it, times change, the people change, people want gfx, and if not gfx they want multiple options(micro management) to develope their planet
not have 1 resource, send/recall fleets, init roids, click research, click construction, wait for the fleet to get back home
we wonīt be increasing the playbase with this concept, so removing, prelaunch, covops, 2 resources, population will not be the right path to go

"Itīs not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"

Last edited by M0RPH3US; 26 Mar 2009 at 15:54.
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote