View Single Post
Unread 17 May 2009, 20:32   #5
Onim
the inquisition incarnate

Onim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to all
Re: r32 ship-stat suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool View Post
I would like a vote for all the previous stats since etd was introduced!
such a vote will never portray previous stat-sets accurately, simply because you cant compare your exact and thorough knowledge of a set (all ins and outs, taking into consideration what races ppl picked in that certain round, alliance that ruled a round which influenced the opinion etc etc) that you played 2 years or even a year ago to the knowledge you have of this rounds set or maybe dating back 1 or 2 rounds.

For instance, i was reading back some very old text messages in my phone today and saw an outgoing message of myself mentioning stalwarts. First moments my memory was completely blank about that ship, after looking at the date of the message and careful thinking back I remembered them being part of the etd's fleet in round 27 or 28 (or was it both?) and that it was a big ship, but still dont know if etds had cr or bs that round.
So back to your request: How would i be able to vote for that old set of stats properly? I think I would let old forum threads about stats pre-round and after-round and personal fun i had in a certain round be my main factors to determine the value but thats not what you want to survey is it?

A better idea is to make an overview of each round stats, and all combine our memories of each set and add most important factors or things that unbalanced and/or made it more balanced. This would be a nice tool for future creators and saves us from repeating old mistakes or lets us exploit the good things that came with it

Ill try to post some suggestions later, in order to come on topic again

"It never hurts to Help!" [Eek the Cat]

Denying existence during r3-6 and back in denial since r22
Onim is offline   Reply With Quote