View Single Post
Unread 11 May 2005, 22:39   #15
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: When I grow up, I want one of these in my backyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by meglamaniac
I suspect if they could do anything useful, they would have been developed by now.

However, it could make an interesting conversation piece, if only when the local council come over and say "wtf is that in your garden, and do you have planning permission."
They are already used in some applications. The howstuffworks article mentions submarines, where you need to be quiet. Plenty of hobbyists will have made some kind of Stirling engine at some point.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote